Kaziranga National Park is located in Assam, India. It spreads on the area of 430 Sq kms along the river Brahmaputra on the north side and the Karbi on the south side. It is popular for the great one-horned rhinoceros and wild elephants. In 1974, it has been declared as a National Park. This is the only area which is least disturbed by the human beings. So, it is a paradise for both flora and fauna. Some of the best features of the national park are as follows:-
1. This national park is a world heritage site and is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses.
|Great One-horned Rhinoceroses|
2. It is also home to the largest population of wild water buffalo across the globe.
|Wild Water Buffalos|
4. Different species of birds can also be seen chirping from one tree to another and makes the atmosphere more natural. Many migratory birds, water birds, predators, etc. are found there in a large number. Great Indian Hornbil, Marsh Babblers, Indian Roller, Bengal Florican, Indian Vulture, Hodgson’s Bushchat, etc. are some of the other species of the birds.
5. The park can be seen in different ways like through Jeep Safari, Elephant Safari, Boat rides on the Brahmaputra River.
6. Small herbivores that found in the park are the Indian Muntjac, Wild Boar and Hog Deer.
7. The large number of tigers, due to conservation efforts, is also a major achievement of this National Park. This park also comes under the Project Elephant.
8. Reptiles are also there in a large number. Two of the largest snakes in the world namely Reticulated Python and Rock Python found there. Others are King Cobra, Krait, Viper, Assam Roofed Turtle, Water Monitor, Bengal Monitor Lizard, tortoise, etc.
9. The climate of the place is another thing that keeps the park full of flora and fauna in every season of the year. It is moderate in summer while nights are chilly in winter. Rainfall is very heavy during the monsoon season.
View of Kaziranga National Park
10. A time of period between November to March (Information source) is the best to see the park in the best natural way.